Thursday, August 11, 2011

Socks

So I'm in a long term, committed, monogamous, lesbian, relationship, in other words, I'm married to my partner, and I have to say socks are the worst thing in our relationship. So I was telling a friend about the importance of socks in my relationship, I know sounds stupid, but wait hear me out. Socks, those evil things that get lost in the dryer and are a pain in the ass to sort, are the worst thing to me when it comes to laundry. At least my partner and I only wear white socks which means, once every five days or so I do an entire commercial size load of socks. Socks, by themselves, just a huge load of socks. Most of this is because my lovely, wonderful, sun rises/moon sets, partner of mine goes through up to SIX pairs of socks a day! Me on the other hand, the socks I put on at 6-7am are the same ones I take off at 11pm, she goes through socks like its hand sanitizer. Now, her going through multiple pairs of socks is not the problem, oh no, that would be too easy, its that she hides socks or at least they hide from me when its time to do laundry. Our house is not huge, especially considering we don't use the entire upstairs which brings my search to only 1000 square feet, but hide, oh do these MF'rs hide from me. I will search in chairs, under the couch, under the bed, in the bathrooms etc and think I have them all just to start a load and find that somehow in her sleep, my lovely partner has found a whole load somewhere that was unbeknownst to me. So now I am doing two loads of my least favorite item which puts in me in a foul mood. So if socks are the crux of your relationship, you are doing fine....

No comments:

Post a Comment