So I am kinda a 1950's wife, I want to do all the things, light your cigar etc. But FML. Forget that we are lesbians, forget gender roles. I am the raiser of children, the cooker of dinner, the one that packs the lunch, does all the background things (please let me go with background things, if I have to name them all off, I will ugly cry), until I'm DONE. For 17 years all I asked was for spouse to get the plate into the sink, like legit, if you haven't read the post on Google from the guy about how dishes ended his marriage, I'll wait....And on year 18, waiting for her to wash her dishes.....
Our special needs kiddo wakes up at 7, so do I. He is on go ALL THE TIME, so am I, trying to ascertain, pre-meltdown figure out and make better. 7am-7pm, ALL THE TIME. Wife thinks she does, but she calls me in all of the time to handle him, ends up with me having him while I work.
Meanwhile, I have other peoples kids to teach on dangerous animals (read horseback riding instructor), can't really divert attention, need to stay focused. Cut back to at this point walking into a meltdown that legit not one person who is participating in can actually tell me how it originated. Me reminding spouse of ABA things, she spewing that I hate/don't value her.
Kiddo to bed at 8pm, 8-10pm spent answering emails, paying bills, 11pm-2 am on phone with client, 2am starting laundry and food, like legit food for self that's not nibbling on kids leftovers.
Tomorrow morning starts at 8am, wanna join me?
No comments:
Post a Comment